About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force brat who always knew that I wanted to be a teacher. Working with kids has been one of my biggest passions in life. I recently graduated from K-State, but still plan on cheering them on. I don't know what life would be like if I didn't!

Friday, April 30, 2010

"This was the best day ever!"

Today, my students and I had the amazing opportunity to attend Kansas Kids' Fitness Day. It was touch and go there for awhile due to weather, but at 9:30, the sky cleared up and God revealed a blue sky and bright sunshine!

My kids spent the afternoon traveling from station to station of fun games. These games were so challenging, yet I saw smiling faces and heard the sounds of third grade laughter. What a blessing and precious reminder of why I love my job so much! I will hopefully post pictures soon so that you can see the enjoyment for yourself.

I have been praying fervently this last week that God would refresh my heart towards my kids. Who knew that on a warm Friday that I would be physically tired, yet emotionally lifted. That moment came while I was observing one of my students. He is such a special little boy and has difficulty in large crowds. I paid special attention to him. At one point, he saw that I was close and came running to me with one of the biggest smiles that I have ever seen on his face! "Ms. Mason, Ms. Mason!!! Today is the best day ever!!! Thank you so much for bringing us here!" That is what I love most about my job! Getting to be a witness to those moments of pure joy.

If you're reading this and are in any way involved with my teaching career...whether as a volunteer or pray-er, thank you so much! You were part of "THE BEST DAY EVER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment