About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force brat who always knew that I wanted to be a teacher. Working with kids has been one of my biggest passions in life. I recently graduated from K-State, but still plan on cheering them on. I don't know what life would be like if I didn't!

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Halloween Ya'll!

Our new year has been underway for almost 3 months! That seems so crazy to me! We have been kept very busy. Lots of fun activities. I just wanted to share some of what's been going on. Enjoy it all :)



We celebrated Red Ribbon Week by having spirit week. Some of the days included crazy hair day and mis-match day (which is pictured). I loved being able to let loose and enjoy being with my kiddos. They are fantastic. I love being their teacher. You can tell from the picture, just how crazy they are :)







I love using real world examples to teach my students math concepts. With Halloween and Fall upon us, I decided to use a pumpkin to teach one week. First, we found out how tall, how wide, and the circumference of our pumpkin. Then, I cut open the pumpkin and put the kids in charge of counting the seeds. Their faces were priceless as they dug into the pumpkin pulp to sort out the seeds. My kids loved it! If you are ever looking for ideas when working with kids, the gooier the better :)




Pajama, ice cream, and movie day!

Our school uses the Accelerated Reader Program. Each child has a point and percent goal to meet. In our class, we added a class goal as well. We made it, so the kids were able to choose how they wanted to celebrate. Hence, the pajamas and ice cream!



Fancy Nancy: The inspiration for this year's costume.
This year's costume was inspired by one of my students' favorites storybook characters. Fancy Nancy is a great series that teaches wonderful vocabulary words. Highly recommend this series. I also loved dressing up and celebrating being drug free with my kiddos!




No comments:

Post a Comment