About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force brat who always knew that I wanted to be a teacher. Working with kids has been one of my biggest passions in life. I recently graduated from K-State, but still plan on cheering them on. I don't know what life would be like if I didn't!

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A job goes by the wayside...another one pops up!

Today, was a very interesting day (to say the least). I still have no idea where God is leading me after graduation. The stress is really getting to me. I am learning that I have to trust the Lord and not count on my own ways. Easier said than done, right!

Today, while teaching, I checked my email. A school had sent me a message, that said, "Thanks, but no thanks!" I was crushed! My first rejection. The rest of the day was spent wondering if teaching was the career I should pursue. Obviously, something must be wrong with me to not have been hired on the spot.

Stepping back, I realized that the rejection was actually an answer to prayer. I have been praying that I would have a clearer idea of where to go after graduation. I now know one place that I won't be going :) It isn't necessarily a reflection on me. To prove this, I received a call a few minutes ago. Someone from Wyoming called and offered me a job! What!?!?! She said that she loved me resume. It was the confidence boost that I needed. Sadly, I turned the job down because I really want to stay in Kansas. The job was to be the lead teacher in early childhood...not really what I was looking for.

Do I have room to be picky? Probably not, but I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment