About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force brat who always knew that I wanted to be a teacher. Working with kids has been one of my biggest passions in life. I recently graduated from K-State, but still plan on cheering them on. I don't know what life would be like if I didn't!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Positive Words of Encouragement

One thing that I have found is that it is easy to get down while teaching. I see my students not succeeding or have a run in with an attitude problem and think that I am not doing a great job. My trust in the Lord has definitely been tested.

When I finished up my Block B experience, my teacher made each of her students a smile folder. She included several pieces of motivational papers and encouraged us to each to continue to add to this. When I have had tough days, I have been reassured by these words of encouragement. I have teacher poems, stories, and words of praise/encouragement from teachers, friends, and even my parents. If you are a beginning teacher, please start your own folder! It will help you so much, I promise! It definitely helps me to keep on keepin' on!

Here's some of my favorites (that I am honored to have received):
  • you are awesome! I believe you are a teacher at heart and I know that you will go out and do great things with your students. (Mrs. Apodaca)
  • You are such a kind person. I know you are going to be a great teacher (friend)
  • What if you are the one, the only one, with the chance to do it? What if this is the critical year for even one child. Read to them. Before the time, before the chance, is gone (Steven L. Layne)
  • You have been one of my favorite people to watch on ths trip. The way father (God) has used you and charmed you, and the way that you have responded in faithfulness You had a lot thrown at you in a short period of time, and you really relied on God's strength to deal with that. He has really used you on this trip in a lot of ways.

As you can see, these words really help me to get through the tough days and even the good ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment