Did you know that teachers enjoy snow days just as much if not more than our kiddos? It's true. This past week, I awoke to a blanket of white and news that school had been canceled. I was thrilled!
Instead of being productive and using the surprise day off to get ahead, I hung out with friends. After a short time of hanging out, we decided that we needed to play outside. Leave it to the boys to choose extreme sledding. Check out the video to see just how wild and crazy it was! I did survive and only ran into a tree twice. Apparently I haven't learned the art of bailing :). Enjoy! ( I sure did!) Thank you again Nathan for sharing your talents with us and all of the kids on top of the hill!
It was a fun day with great friends, who I consider family. Something that I have been learning recently comes from Romans 1:11-12. " I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spirtual gift to make you strong--that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith." Matt, Mallory, and Nathan have definitely been people I look to for knowledge and guidance. Every time that I am with one of these people, my faith is impacted for the better. Our snow day was no different. I was so encouraged by the way they loved complete strangers and lived out their faith on a snow topped hill. Though it was a tiring day, I was so encouraged in my walk and attitude. My hope is that I have been able to encourage the three of them in some way too.
Going back to school on Tuesday was exciting. Our class shared about our snow days. The kids had a great day and loved telling me all about it. Of course, I had to tell about my fabulous day too! After I shared about my sledding adventure, my kids turned very serious. "What is wrong?" I asked. Their reply was "Aren't you too old to go sledding? We're worried because you could have broken a hip or something." Glad my students think I am 90 and not 24. :) Gotta love them!
Stay warm and blessed this wintery season!

I'm glad you enjoyed your snow day but beware- they get old. We've had 8 this year, my lesson plans are all over the place, my kids can't remember anything because they're only in class 2 days a week, and I'm still trying to get our first units of the semester wrapped up. Argh!
ReplyDelete