About Me

My photo
I am an Air Force brat who always knew that I wanted to be a teacher. Working with kids has been one of my biggest passions in life. I recently graduated from K-State, but still plan on cheering them on. I don't know what life would be like if I didn't!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Roller Coaster I call my summer vacation

Can you believe that summer is over??? There were parts that seemed to fly past and still others that took FOREVER! I thought that I would share a brief glimpse into it (complete with pictures)
First, there was graduation, which was pretty exciting :) I didn't know it then, but it was also a very blessed time in my life. My grandpa was able to come out for my grad party, which I sadly did not look forward to. You see, my grandpa and I didn't have the best relationship. We definitely weren't close. I would even say there were some feeling of distrust and anxiety towards him. The time spent with him helped to lay some of those feelings aside. For the first time, I was able to really talk to him...granted not about the deep things...but just talk. It was the first time that he ever told me that he was proud of me and all that I had done. I am moved to tears still, just thinking about it.
I realized later what a blessing this time was.

But first, an up :)

I had the opportunity to be part of a work that headed to New Mexico. While there, I worked on stripping and waxing a mission school's floors. It was hard work, but I loved it! This trip provided me with some time spend with people I admire from my church back home. These wonderful people took the time to really pour into me and learn about my life. I loved hearing their faith stories. Since we were in New Mexico, we did take some time to look around.
The oldest adobe church in Sante Fe.



The staircase in Loretta Chapel. When first built, this staircase had NO visible supports. The hand railing was added later. It was so incredible. The story goes that the sisters at the church put out an add for someone to build a staircase that would lead from the chapel up to the choir loft. An anonymous carpenter built the staircase and then left before receiving payment.

We also visited Bandelier...complete with ancient cliff dwellings and pretty scenery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment