More ups...but first a down. While I was in New Mexico, I found out that my Grandpa had passed away unexpectedly of many causes. Hence, a family road trip to California, which was interesting in itself. We stayed at my Grandpa's house, which was kind of weird and eerie, but it was good bonding time. I learned alot about my grandpa while going through the house and hearing stories from my dad and Aunt. Grandpa was quite a colorful man! Never a dull moment in his life.
Mom and Dad really wanted to show Kristi and I their old haunts (they both grew up in Southern California). So, one day, they dropped us off at Disneyland for the entire day! Quite the experience.
Posing outside of It's A Small World...guess what song I had in my head the rest of the day??

You can't really see, but this is on the Snow White ride. When I was younger and went to Disneyland, I freaked out on this ride...to the point of screaming. I fared a little better this time :)

AAAAHHHHH a Haunted Mansion! This ride still gives Kristi nightmares. Feel free to give her a hard time, if you see her :)

Super cool dolphins on our surprise visit to the beach on fourth of July.

The place where my dad used to set sail...literally. Apparently my dad and grandpa were quite the sailors back in the day.

Moral of the story: Value the time you have with people. You never know if you will have time together again. Live without regrets!
No comments:
Post a Comment